From: "E. Liddell" <ejlddll@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE-Sunset : kdelibs problem
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 03:03:14
1 On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:11:42 -0400
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > 121029 E. Liddell wrote:
5 > > your compile failure is in avahi itself, not any of the kde-sunset packages.
6 > > avahi is still in the main tree, so complaints about it should be addressed
7 > > to the main Gentoo Bugzilla and it looks like avahi-0.6.30-r3
8 > > is the current stable ebuild for nearly all arches, not -r1.
9 >
10 > Yes & in fact, as I now see, I already have that version installed.
11 > Apparently, kdelibs:3.5 wants the -r1 version instead.
12 >
13 > > As for what to do with kdelibs, my advice would be to compile it with -avahi
14 > > and let it fall back on mDNSResponder instead.
15 >
16 > That's not in the Gentoo tree anymore, so that's impossible.
17
18 Apologies. Like an idiot, I misread the ebuild.
19
20 The following USE flag settings allow kdelibs to compile successfully for me:
21
22 [ebuild R ~] kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.10-r10::kde-sunset USE="acl alsa branding jpeg2k spell tiff
23 -arts -avahi -bindist -cups -debug -doc -fam -kdehiddenvisibility -kerberos -legacyssl -lua -openexr
24 -utempter"