From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] sys-apps/hal
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:06:31
1 On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Fat-Zer <fatzer2@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to compile sys-apps/hal. But it fails on the automake phase.
3 >
4 > Here is some additional info:
5 > emerge --info '=sys-apps/hal-0.5.14-r4' http://bpaste.net/show/55956/
6 > emerge -pqv '=sys-apps/hal-0.5.14-r4' http://bpaste.net/show/55957/
7 > /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/hal-0.5.14-r4/temp/build.log
8 > http://bpaste.net/show/55958/
9 > /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/hal-0.5.14-r4/temp/environment
10 > http://bpaste.net/show/55959/
11 > /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/hal-0.5.14-r4/temp/automake.out
12 > http://bpaste.net/show/55960/
13
14 Except for the first link, all the others seem to be broken.
15
16 > I'm not familiar with autotools so I can't even determine where is an
17 > error and where is a trivial warning...
18 > so can somebody help me with that issue?
19
20 Independently of the errors, what package in your world needs HAL? HAL
21 is deprecated beyond oblivion; it was deprecated years and years ago,
22 is completely unmaintained, and I'm not even sure it can compile with
23 a recent kernel, glibc or gcc.
24
25 Whatever you are trying to do, installing HAL is not going to help you
26 do it; on the contrary.
27
28 Regards.
29 --