From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: [kde-sunset]: kdelibs/cups build failure
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 15:37:23
1 Philip Webb posted on Wed, 02 Apr 2014 23:09:03 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > I still use the KDE 3 versions of Kmahjongg Ksokoban Kworldclock ,
4 > so do have some encouragement to do basic maintenance.
5
6 While I upgraded (tho I'd originally call it a downgrade, and I guess
7 those in the thread would agree, thus the whole kde-sunset project, but
8 that water is long under the bridge) to kde4 long ago, and kde5/
9 frameworks is now looming fast in the windshield...
10
11 I do still sure miss worldclock/worldwatch. In addition to the practical
12 matter of the graphical global timezone-aware clock it provided I have
13 fond memories of watching the day/nite terminator change shape over the
14 year, and particularly miss it every equinox as I used to watch the / \
15 shape change to \ / in real-time over that day and the few on either side.
16
17 Anyone have any replacement suggestions? As I write this it occurs to me
18 that marble might possibly do that now, and the marble globe wallpaper
19 could potentially provide that real-time view without having to have a
20 marble window open over equinox, altho from my experience, most of the
21 time attempting to actually activate the marble wallpaper ends up
22 crashing all of plasma instead, as the various libraries and etc are
23 unfortunately seldom all in sync to allow the thing to actually work
24 without crashing. Tho the marble interactive wallpaper is definitely
25 awesome when it works. =:^/
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman