From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:40:45
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:14:01 -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:

> > Gentoo don't distribute it, they only distribute a bash script and a > > couple of patches. The rest comes from VMware. Distributing VMware > > isn't really an issue anyway, I have distributed many tens of > > thousands of copies, all within VMware's licence terms. > > Actually, we do distribute it. We mirror the VMware Workstation > tarballs, which is entirely within the license.
Fair point, I suppose what I was trying to say is that you don't distribute a Gentoo VMware package, as other distros would have to. Even if the licence didn't permit mirroring, you'd still have the builds in portage, but with fetch restriction (I take it the beta ebuilds are fetch restricted). -- Neil Bothwick If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell her she has the right to remain silent?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0? Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>