From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Expired/unrecognized CA certs?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:39:27
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> posted pan.2007.09.26.16.52.41@×××.net,
2 excerpted below, on Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:52:42 +0000:
3
4 > I'm having trouble with my bank site. The login page gives me an SSL
5 > failed warning in both Konqueror (for about a month) and now Firefox as
6 > well.
7
8 I can add that I called the bank and got the usual run-around, they
9 support proprietary-ware only, IE, or, they do at least support Netscape
10 Navigator -- but not FF or Mozilla/Seamonkey. I explained that I can't
11 run proprietaryware because I can't agree to the EULAs. The lady
12 mentioned someone did call in a problem with Safari recently. It was a
13 bit different, but may be related.
14
15 I suspect the problem is simply a VeriSign verification certificate
16 that's not up2date, likely a new one since the bank's certificate is new
17 too, but I'm not sure what to remerge to double-check on that. I've not
18 actually been to the VeriSign site to check on that end either, but am
19 wondering just how I might go about verifying /theirs/.
20
21 It'll help if I can get verification on what others are seeing, in any
22 case. TIA. =8^)
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list