From: Adam Petaccia <adam@×××××××××.com>
To: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:34:42
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 13:44 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> One of my goals as manager of the desktop project is to get things to > "just work." Once they're emerged, just run them and things are good to > go. > > Since I can't try everything, I need some feedback from you guys. What > already does a great job at this? What stands out in your minds as being > forgettable because of the lack of set-up effort? > > On the other side, what is really hard to configure? Where can we > improve how we set things up when programs are emerged? >
While GNOME does "just work" would this be the place to suggest some Gentoo-ization branding of some sort? Or at least change the default theme. While it does work, its ugly.
> Thanks for your time. > > Donnie
-- -- Download firefox today! Adam Petaccia adam@×××××××××.com -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] What "just works" and what doesn't? Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>