From: "M. Edward Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: sconstable <sconstable@×××××××××××××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE lockups
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:35:26
1 On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 14:07, sconstable wrote:
2 > Has anyone ever had a problem with KDE where it runs for a while and
3 > then locks up for no apparent reason, and when it does that the caps
4 > and scroll locks start flashing? Cause that happens to me whenever I
5 > use KDE.
6
7 Hmmm ... it's rare, but I *have* had that happen. I use little except
8 KDE. I've forgotten which kernel I was using the last time, but I was
9 running a CD burn with K3B when it happened. It's extremely rare, though
10 ... I think maybe twice on this machine (Athlon TBird with 512 MB) and
11 *never* on any of my other Gentoo boxes.
12
13 I had to use the reset button to regain control. I don't know if I could
14 have used ssh to get in; I don't typically do network administration,
15 since I have a KVM switch. :)
21 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list