From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] update world issue (oops)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 04:15:47
1 Thus spake maillists on Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 10:32:47PM CDT
2 > pam and shadow are both very important, I can't see unmerging any of
3 > these. What should I do...
4
5 I think you'll find that sys-libs/pam contains most of what you need to use
6 PAM. sys-apps/pam-login just contains "Login, lastlog and faillog for PAM
7 based systems". I would guess that these services are provided by
8 sys-apps/shadow, which is why the conflict.
11 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
12 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
13 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
14 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
15 | (Pamela Jones) |
16 --