From: Abraham Al-Saleh <alsaleha@×××××.com>
To: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>, gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] udev and VMWare
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 07:12:54
1 I haven't really noticed any issues with udev and vmware. Would you
2 care to name some?
5 On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:07:43 -0500, Lindsay Haisley
6 <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote:
7 > Well it seems that there are issues with udev and VMWare. The VMWare devs
8 > "find sysfs really ugly and hard to use"
9 > (http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=7968&messageID=63805)
10 > and it looks like we're going to have to find a workaround.
11 >
12 > Apparently RH Fedora supports /etc/udev/devices (see
13 > <http://people.redhat.com/~harald/udev.html>), which isn't supported in
14 > Gentoo. Devices files in this dir get copied on udev startup to /dev.
15 > Perhaps this would be a good idea. I can always just set
16 > RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes" after creating the necessary device files and/or
17 > symlinks, but this seems like a bit of a cop-out ;-) But if it works, I'll
18 > use it.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key
22 > FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at
23 > 512-259-1190 | (Travis W. Redfish) | <http://www.fmp.com/pubkeys>
24 > http://www.fmp.com | ("The Roadie") |
25 >
26 > --
27 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
33 Abe Al-Saleh
34 And then came the Apocolypse. It actually wasn't that
35 bad, everyone got the day off and there were barbeques
36 all around.
39 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list