From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:18:15
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 16:00 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > I think I had this discussion a while back, and the upshot was that a > > number of the Gentoo developers used VMware Workstation themselves, so > > they made it work, and as long as VMware didn't forbid them from > > distributing it, they didn't see anything wrong with distributing it. > > Gentoo don't distribute it, they only distribute a bash script and a > couple of patches. The rest comes from VMware. Distributing VMware isn't > really an issue anyway, I have distributed many tens of thousands of > copies, all within VMware's licence terms.
Actually, we do distribute it. We mirror the VMware Workstation tarballs, which is entirely within the license. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0? Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>