From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:18:15
1 On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 16:00 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > > I think I had this discussion a while back, and the upshot was that a
3 > > number of the Gentoo developers used VMware Workstation themselves, so
4 > > they made it work, and as long as VMware didn't forbid them from
5 > > distributing it, they didn't see anything wrong with distributing it.
6 >
7 > Gentoo don't distribute it, they only distribute a bash script and a
8 > couple of patches. The rest comes from VMware. Distributing VMware isn't
9 > really an issue anyway, I have distributed many tens of thousands of
10 > copies, all within VMware's licence terms.
11
12 Actually, we do distribute it. We mirror the VMware Workstation
13 tarballs, which is entirely within the license.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
19 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
20 Gentoo Foundation