From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] Future of KDE 3
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:03:47
1 100827 Serghei Amelian reported an interview with Timothy Pearson,
2 founder of Trinity project:
3 > http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3895091/Forking-KDE-3-Trinity-KDEs-Timothy-Pearson.htm
4
5 Thanks, it's very interesting & his efforts should help a lot of people.
6
7 FWIW I gave up on the KDE 4 desktop immediately & haven't returned:
8 my strong preference nowadays is Fluxbox, very simple & easy to configure.
9 On that, I run a number of KDE 4.4.5 apps, which have become quite usable.
10 I have the KDE 3.5 overlay for Kmahjongg Kworldclock Ksokoban :
11 as I've conquered all the levels in the last (some are very difficult!),
12 only the first 2 remain useful & if their vital features were added
13 to KDE 4 -- I've submitted bugs, so far without actual progress -- ,
14 I would use the KDE 4 versions too. Kmahjongg 4 lacks a display
15 of removed tiles, which spoils the otherwise delightful distraction;
16 Kworldclock's display of local times is sometimes very useful
17 & sb added to KDE 4 Marble, but so far they haven't done so.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca