From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Interest inquery: kde4-nosemantic overlay
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 13:30:17
1 On 5/07/2013 08:02, Alex Alexander wrote:
2 > That said, I do agree that semantic-desktop should stay optional in
3 > KDE4. Back in my KDE days I hated it and always ensured it - and its
4 > ugly dependencies - stayed off my system. Unfortunately I am not part of
5 > the KDE team anymore, so I don't know what their reasoning is behind
6 > this decision. Hopefully they will reconsider :)
7 >
8 The reason is that code like this is appearing increasingly throughout
9 the KDE SC:
10 find_package(Akonadi REQUIRED)
11 set_package_properties(NepomukCore PROPERTIES TYPE REQUIRED)
12
13 That is, we must maintain hacks in order to disable upstream's
14 requirements. They are difficult to maintain and also put us in a bad
15 standing with upstream.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Michael