From: Constantin Orasan <dinel_list@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Eth cards with Dell Optiplex
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:20:38
1 Hi,
2
3 > I have a Dell Optiplex GX100 (old machine) and it has room for 3 pci
4 > cards. It has a built in network interface, and I am trying to add a
5 > 3com ethernet card to make it into a gateway. For some reason, I can't
6 > get the card to be recognized. Does anybody know of a way to get it
7 > going?
8
9 Have you compiled the module for it? Did you load the module? what is
10 the output of lsmod. The module should be there. Have a look
11 in /proc/ioports to make sure the card is there.
12
13 Hope this help,
14
15 dinel