From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] xorg 7.1 rc2, zooming known to be broken?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:04:41
1 OK, I'm testing xorg 7.1 rc2 (xorg-server-1.0.99.902-r1 and friends).
2
3 EXA acceleration and composite ROCKS! =8^) Transparency and the other
4 composite tricks now use virtually no more CPU than with composite
5 disabled, at least on a Radeon 9200SE using the native xorg ati driver,
6 with dual monitors in merged framebuffer mode, on SMP Opteron 242s,
7 compiled with gcc-4.1.0. No more constant 50% of one CPU, as with 7.0!
8
9 The biggest (only) problem so far is that the normal zoom keys
10 (CTRL-ALT-NUMPLUS/NUMMINUS) have no effect. Is that a known issue, or do
11 I need to file an upstream bug? I had tried the (less stable) rc1
12 (.99.901) for a day or so, and saw the problem there, but didn't worry too
13 much since that was only rc1. I'm getting worried since it's still there
14 in rc2, worried enough to ask about it. I use that feature enough to
15 definitely miss it!
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
21 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
25 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list