From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: A few problems with CDs and sound
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 06:45:09
1 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 >
3 > This may be the key. It looks as if gnome-vfs is
4 > slotted. /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libcdda.so is a symlink
5 > to /usr/lib/vfs/modules/libcdda.so. equery b says that this file
6 > belongs to gnome-base/gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4. The current installed version
7 > of gnome-vfs is 2.20.1-r1 and there are 3 versions on the system. I
8 > think I may have some slot-slippage here. I'll comb out that tangle,
9 > re-run revdep-rebuild, re-emerge totem and see what happens.
13 Just something to think about, you may want to reemerge
14 gnome-base/gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r4 and see if that changes anything. A last
15 resort of course. I find that sometimes you just have to try everything
16 no matter how silly it may sound.
17
18 Dale
19