From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] gnome suddenly kicks me out...
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:56:31
1 On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 14:26 -0400, mail wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > for some reason, I get logged out of my gnome session suddenly and for
5 > no apparent reason. It happens once in a while, maybe 2 - 4 times a
6 > day. I was logged in as "rbragg" but I also had a terminal open and I
7 > was logged into that as root.
8 >
9 > I have managed to capture a segment from my /var/log/messages right when
10 > it happened, so here it is:
11
12 More useful, I think, would be the contents of ~/.xsession-errors when
13 you get logged out. Next time it happens, log in as root (or any other
14 user) and save ~rbragg/.xsession-errors to some other place and post it.
15 It seems likely that gnome-session is dying somehow, but I can't know
16 for sure.
17
18 Daniel
21 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list