From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:19:56
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky ha scritto:
> and if you've got the > right hardware in place, Xen beats the doodoo out of VMware for quite a > few "interesting" tasks like running a Windows guest.
***If*** you've got the right hardware in place. That's a big if. My hardware is not the right hardware, so Xen is pretty useless to me. vmware, instead, works without a hitch. I use vmware player (and easyvmx for building images) and until now it worked pretty well (I use it to run the Hurd and winXP). But I'll probably switch to QEMU/kqemu as soon as I want to recompile the kernel. m. -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list