From: Benjamin Fritzsche <BFritzsche@×××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Kitchensync, Ksync, Multisynk
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:57:37
1 Hi There!
2
3 Can anyone here shed some light on the connection between these three apps?
4
5 I'm working on getting my iPAQ (3970) to sync with KDE. And it is working now
6 with syncekonnector which is now in portage.
7
8 It just suddenly worked after I played around a bit with these things.
9 I Just don't understand how they work together and documentation seems to be
10 very limited.
11 As I understand it till now mulltisynk (with k in the end) seems to be a
12 frontend to Ksync which seems to be an application for syncing PDAs.
13 But the syncekonnector only seems to work if I set it up in Kitchensync?!?
14 Is kitchensync meant to be a replacement for Ksync in the long term?
15 on the other hand syncekonnector won't compile if ksync isn't installed?!
16
17 So I'm a bit puzzled about the general architecture of kde synchronisation.
18
19 Anyone here who give a brief overview how all these different but similar
20 frameworks/apps work together?
21 Would be appreciated for general understanding and making the steps I took
22 sofar reproducible.
23
24 Thanks and (for the chrtistian gentoo users) merry X-Mas folks.
25
26 Benny
29 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list