From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: phonon
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:39:31
1 Le Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:32:08 +0000 (UTC),
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> a écrit :
3
4 > Dominique Michel posted on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:56:21 +0100 as
5 > excerpted:
6 >
7 > > I try smplayer. It lack several functions of kaffeine like the
8 > > channel search and the EPG. I used dvbscan from linuxtv-dvb-apps
9 > > for searching the channels, and now the dvb-s part of my card work
10 > > with smplayer.
11 >
12 > You're way beyond my level there. Hopefully smplayer does work for
13 > you after workarounds, etc, but I'm afraid I won't be of much more
14 > help, there.
15
16 I get it to work with a few custom udev rules. The trick is to create
17 a fake dvb card with symlinks in /dev/dvb. The device must be shifted
18 for that card (adapter1/demux0 must link to adapter0/demux1 and so on).
19 That way, I can run "mplayer dvb://1@" for the dvb-s and "mplayer
20 dvb://2@" for the dvb-t.
21
22 It work fine with mplayer and both dvb-s and dvb-t now, but with
23 smplayer only the dvb-s is working.
26 > Did you have time to try the other phonon backends, phonon-vlc or
27 > phonon- gstreamer, and that didn't work, or are you trying smplayer
28 > first and will only fall back to kaffeine and the phonon thing if
29 > that can't be made to work?
30
31 No. kaffeine for kde3 work fine here with my setup. What I want is to
32 find another good solution for watching and recording TV for the time
33 when this version of kaffeine will not work any more.
34
35 I already done a xdialog script for the radio because mplayer was the
36 only one player that was able to run the radio, that without the need of
37 an internal audio cable between the radio card and the sound card. I
38 extended it in order to be able to record from the video input of my TV
39 card with mencoder. And maybe than I will extend it further for TV
40 watching and recording.
44 > Also, it's not of much help now, but given how advanced smplayer
45 > already is, the author is obviously targeting the user wanting more
46 > than just the typical media control buttons. As such, I'd /guess/
47 > he'd be quite willing to work to integrate additional functionality
48 > you may need, if you simply ask, and especially if you can well
49 > explain it for implementation and are willing to bug-squash with the
50 > first implementations. It may well be that smplayer could have all
51 > the functionality you need integrated, in a couple versions, if you
52 > just ask and are willing to test for him. =:^)
53
54 The above issue is a problem with mplayer. Another problem is than the
55 developer of smplayer seam to lack a DVB card.
58 > But I'm just guessing. I've not contacted him myself and couldn't
59 > presume to speak for him or obligate him. Still, the chances are far
60 > higher there, than they would be with, say, dragonplayer, kde's
61 > default- as-shipped media-player-for-dummies.
64 I will contact him, and also the mplayer team.
68 "We have the heroes we deserve."