From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kernel_2.6/devfsd/SCSI/USB/Digital Camera problem
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:33:04
Thus spake Donnie Berkholz on Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 10:27:27PM CDT
> On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 22:23 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote: > > Should I file this as a bug, or are there things I should try to rebuild or > > reconfigure before declaring it Gentoo's problem and not mine? > > Have you considered trying udev? I know this isn't a real "solution," > but upstream folks aren't interested in devfs bugs at this point.
I looked at udev, but note that there are an awful lot of software packages out there that still look at the devfs filesystem, plus, I've seen a lot of reports of things that just don't seem to work right yet with udev. I may have to bite the bullet and try it anyway. I've got a problem with RAID, LVM and devfsd, too, and filed a bug on it, and not a peep out of anyone. I band-aided that problem (I wasn't the only one who had it) but it does look as if no one is interested. Oh well. -- Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at 512-259-1190 | (Travis W. Redfish) | <> | ("The Roadie") | -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kernel_2.6/devfsd/SCSI/USB/Digital Camera problem Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>