From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: kde-sunset: new akode build problems
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:11:42
1 On Fri, 10 Sep 2010, Ladislav Laska wrote:
2
3 > no, I don't think so. I've even tested it on another machine and my
4 > hack seemed not efficient. Still have no clue :-(
5 >
6 > Anyway, I hope it may be fixed in trinity, and kde-trinity 3.5.12
7 > should be released in about 3 weeks, so we shall see then.
8 >
9 > (Since trinity is rebuilding some of the scripts involved, I suspect
10 > using up-to-date versions, the chance is reasonable high)
11
12 Will users who are currently using kde-sunset have to migrate to Trinity
13 at some point? It sounds like it's a fairly monolithic KDE build. Will
14 it respect Gentoo's USE flags, or individual KDE packages that we
15 already have installed? There may be some potential for some users to
16 have to pull out there entire KDE install to replace it with Trinity,
17 unless we're going to have the old ebuilds in the overlay as well.
18
19 (The reason I worry about this is because the existing ebuilds are
20 working find on my GCC 4.3 machines.)
23 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
24 + UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
25 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
26 + Physical Sciences Div. + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
27 + James Franck Institute + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky