From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: CD-ROM mounting
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:10:30
1 On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 23:43 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > > So where is this configured? I have /etc/hal/, which contains hald.conf
3 > > and /etc/conf.d/hald. Both of these look pretty much like placeholder
4 > > files and don't say anything about how CDs should be mounted. Where
5 > > does this configuration live?
6 >
7 > I'm not sure. The k3b bug is still open, AFAIK, and it got in beyond my
8 > level. Last time I burned something I just did the verify manually,
9 > pointing md5sum at the (correct) device and at the ISO and comparing the
10 > two -- they matched so I was happy, and I've not burned anything else in
11 > the couple months or whatever since.
12
13 This is a Royal PITA! We need to have, preferably as an easy to
14 configure option, a consistent, named, filesystem location on which a
15 particular device will mount, identified by the media type ("cdrom") or
16 some other predictable name. I have a photo cataloging program I wrote
17 which expects to find all photo CDs, which have different names
18 reflecting dates and sequence, mounted at a location which can be
19 specified in its config file. There are all kinds of applications which
20 expect this!
23 Lindsay Haisley | "The difference between | PGP public key
24 FMP Computer Services | a duck is that one leg | available at
25 512-259-1190 | is both the same" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
26 http://www.fmp.com | - Anonymous |