From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Re: What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:01:08
Paul de Vrieze posted <200410071450.50237.pauldv@g.o>, excerpted
below,  on Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:50:49 +0200:

> Well, there exists a utility called "setxkbmap" which can dynamically set > the keyboard. Other utilities that come to mind for X keyboards are > xmodmap and xkbprint (but there are more).
I think that first one was what I was trying to find, but couldn't remember the name of or figure out what it was, when xorg's XFree86-Standby key bug hit. I believe that's what I used b4, on Mdk. Only I couldn't figure out what I needed on Gentoo, and the documentation wasn't helping, so I just did it the hard way, which I could at least figure out by trial and error. See, /that's/ why decent documentation would be a /good/ thing! <g> -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list