From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] kill that crazy overlay
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 15:20:28
1 Hello
2
3 we are having a small issue here concerning the two overlays. Since the
4 eclasses, the live ebuilds and the snapshots are in a good shape now (in fact
5 eclasses are about to hit the tree), kde-crazy offers nothing but confusion
6 now. There's no reason to have to sync eclasses between overlays every time,
7 it's boring, time consuming and maintaining two overlays in a single system
8 is very difficult (should i say impossible?) I can't test eclasses for the
9 co-existence of snapshots and live in a single system at the moment for
10 example. Furthermore, even devs don't know where is the right place to
11 commit :) Initially i thought it would be better to have in a separate
12 overlay all the ebuilds that are going to hit tree, but now i don't. I'd like
13 to hear everybody's opinion, especially jmbsvicetto's since (iirc) he
14 proposed the kde-crazy overlay
15
16 Regards,
17 Theodore