From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Gentoo KDE meeting, 22 March 2012
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:03:32
1 Theo Chatzimichos posted on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:30:07 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > Again, the meeting is for 2012 (What's wrong with me??)
4
5 LOL! So I'm not the only one that finds himself doing fine the first
6 couple months (well, after about the third day anyway) while the new year
7 is still new enough to be thinking about, but then come March and April
8 when he's no longer thinking about it, finds himself writing the OLD year
9 again!
10
11 Not to worry /too/ much. In another several weeks you'll finally get
12 your fingers trained to write 2012, and then you'll be OK... until next
13 year when it happens all over again! Here, I'm usually about finished
14 with the adjustment by mid April, tho there's been a few years where the
15 problem has triggered a time or two in June, even. But I don't recall
16 having the problem after June, ever.
17
18 =:^\
19
20 Unfortunately, I had a similar Y2K triggered problem... with a cycle time
21 in years. For some reason, about 2008 or so, I suddenly found myself
22 writing 199... again! The only explanation for THAT I can think of is
23 that it actually TOOK that long for the novelty of writing 200... to wear
24 off. I didn't have so much problem with 201... but based on that, I
25 won't, either, until 2016 or 2018.
26
27 =:^\
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman