From: "John N. Laliberte" <allanonjl@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Evolution crash question
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:51:52
1 On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 08:36:43PM -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > After a major system upgrade, evolution is now freezing on startup with the
3 > following messages:
4 >
5 > $ evolution mail
6 > Bonobo accessibility support initialized
7 > GTK Accessibility Module initialized
8 > CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...
9 >
10 > (evolution-2.6:11126): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called with
11 > NULL parameter.
12 > *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xbfe175b0 ***
15 > I had problems with evolution freezing/crashing, reporting calls to free() on
16 > an invalid pointer before, and upgraded from evo 2.4 to 2.6 a few weeks ago
17 > when the latter was still ~x86. 2.6 worked OK before the system upgrade, but
18 > it's now behaving like v2.4 did, at least it is when invoked from a KDE Konsole
19 > window (gnome is down at the moment).
20 >
21 > Two questions:
22 >
23 > 1. Does anyone know how to fix the problem and make evolution-2.6.2 run, or
24 > have any suggestions of things I might try?
25
26 > Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
27
28 Hi Lindsay,
29
30 Is it possible for you to join #gentoo-desktop on freenode? My nick is
31 AllanonJL and I can probably help you solve most of your problems. ( I
32 work on the GNOME stuff for Gentoo )
33
34 I'm around from 9AM until usually 10PM EST, so you can probably catch me
35 sometime in that timeframe. If I am not around, someone else can
36 probably help you.
37
38 If not, we will try and help you through the mailing-list.
39
40 Thanks!
41 -John (AllanonJL)
44 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list