From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: Greg KH <greg@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o, linux-hotplug-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: udevstart.c -> kscan.c
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:22:33
1 Thus spake Greg KH on Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 01:45:10AM CDT
2 > On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 01:30:19AM -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
3 > > Here's a rather more polished, less buggy version of kscan.c, as a diff
4 > > against udevstart.c.
5 >
6 > You do realize that the current version of udev is 042, not 030, right?
7 > udevstart is radically different in the current version.
8
9 Yes, I'm running gentoo stable, which is at 030. Unstable is at 042. If
10 I'm going to mess with this stuff and try to talk intelligently (?) about it
11 I should get on the same plane with everyone else :/
12
13 > Also, what you are looking for (a list of all kernel class devices) can
14 > be done with the following short bit of shell code. Feel free to add
15 > the 'KERNEL=' portion to the beginning of every line if you think it's
16 > necessary.
17
18 Not necessary, only convenient, as is the SYSFS{blah}="foo" output from
19 udevinfo.
20
21 This script works fine, and gives the required information. The C patch I
22 tossed out is slightly more informative in that it breaks devices down by
23 category and makes them easier to find in the output, but the end result is
24 the same.
25
26 If it's not already there, this script certainly belongs in the
27 distribution.
28
29 > thanks,
30 >
31 > greg k-h
32
33 And thank you for all your good work on this!
36 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
37 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
38 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
39 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
40 | (Pamela Jones) |
43 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list