From: Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] cmake porting status for Trinity
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 08:45:37
On Friday 04 February 2011 10:27:05 Roman wrote:
> Thats totally understandable, i will try to get a working desktop from your > ebuilds, but it looks like it is still a lot of work to do. > i still have to edit files by hand to get to a desktop and then i get en > empty K-Menu, guess i will have to take a closer look at the old ebuilds.
kmenu appear empty because XDG variable environments. Set it correctly then run kbuildsycoca (while kde session running).
> Also it seems kdm is crashing every time... > As i am not an expert on this.. if anybody wants to get it working... just > send me a mail..
I was made a quick and dirty hack to get working kdm (prepend follow commands to /usr/kde/3.5/share/config/kdm/Xsession): source /etc/profile export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS="/usr/kde/3.5/etc/xdg:$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS" export XDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/kde/3.5/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/kde/3.5/lib" export PATH="/usr/kde/3.5/bin:$PATH" /usr/kde/3.5/bin/startkde exit 0 I think this must be fixed in upstream, sometime.
> greetings, > Roman
-- Serghei

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] cmake porting status for Trinity Roman <lists@×××××××××.de>