From: Sean Quinlan <smq@××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 21:47:53
--- lists <lists@×××××.net> (2007-02-03 21:30):
> I have been using Gentoo for 3 years and I have been using Linux for 10 > years! I have been spending the past 8 days trying to re-install gentoo > on my desktop after a crash. compile error after error after error after > error after error after error after error!! I think I am done with > gentoo!!!!! >
Hmm, let me consult my crystal ball to find out which of the hundreds of compiles and millions of possible error messages you must be talking about...
> I should have loaded a gun, pointed it at my foot, and squeezed!!!! I > can't even begin to ask questions about what could be going wrong. there > are too many! I have followed thread after thread and keep hiting new > problems! What the H! Also, I am not a newbe! compile, compile, > compile..... This is crazy!!
Perhaps you are not a native English speaker, but your analogy is poorly chosen (although strangely apt in this case). Shooting yourself in the foot says that you admit that _you_ did something stupid to cause this... like, oh I don't know... sending a whining error message to a public list without including any relevant information so that people can actually help you. Oh well, don't let the door hit you on the way out :) Sean PS: if you don't want to look like a newbie, at least learn how to _spell_ "newbie". -- Sean Quinlan (smq@××××××.uk) -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!! Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>