From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:02:31
1 > Thats great! I love it!!!
2 >
3 > I'm running without my usual environment! I feel free and exposed! sorry
4 > for the vent, Gentoo is a great distro, it has been really bad after a hd
5 > crash trying to get back with a new install from an old (2006.0) livecd.
6
7 I guess your problems are:
8 - You are trying to install a new Gentoo with an old live cd. Given the
9 gcc/glibc etc. upgrades, I bet that's the cause of your problems. Why
10 don't you use a 2006.1 cd?
11 - Excess of ! . Please stop that caffeine pills. :)
12
13 Gentoo sometimes gets on my nerves too (This weekend I had a 2-days
14 struggle with ALSA and I feel the battle is not at the end too), but
15 when I think about other distros with *periodic reinstalls*...brrr.
16
17 m.
18 --
19 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list