From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE 4.5.4 distfiles missing
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:03:28
1 Alex Schuster posted on Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:49:36 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > KDE 4.5.4 is in the kde overlay for some days now. But I cannot emerge
4 > it because all *-4.5.4.tar.bz2 distfiles are missing on the servers.
5 >
6 > Any idea why this is?
7
8 It hasn't actually been released upstream, yet. Normally, the kde team
9 put a mask in the overlay before they add the new ebuilds in preparation,
10 then simply unmask them on the day of release (or maybe a day later if
11 they forget or if there are last-minute changes that broke something and
12 they're left scrambling), but this time, whether due to policy change or
13 simply overlooking it (it /was/ a long holiday weekend here in the US) I
14 don't know, they didn't.
15
16 There's a bug open. I'm CCed and you can too (I searched on ALL kde 4.5.4
17 and it was the only one), but if I don't miss my guess, release might be
18 today anyway, in which case it'll be moot. I'm sort of expecting it
19 today, Monday, but I'd almost certainly expect it by Wednesday.
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman