From: brullo nulla <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Heart rate monitors in gentooo?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:44:24
> is anyone using a heart rate monitor watch and downloading/viewing the > data in gentoo? If so, what brand if monitor du you use? I would like > to buy one and would prefer buying from a manufacturer that isn't too > linux-hostile. Here in Sweden the most common brands are Polar and > Suunto, how well do their watches work with gentoo? Do they use highly > obfuscated formats and bizarre nonstandard usb-stuff for downloading > data or i it all fairly straightforward stuff that can be plotted > almost right away in gnuplot, octave or similar software?
The first choice: It seems that Polar spits out just raw sound, and someone did a hack to read it: There is also: Otherwise you can build your own linux heart monitor! : In general it seems to me Polar it's the most widely supported brand. All results courtesy of Google: m. -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list