From: brullo nulla <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Heart rate monitors in gentooo?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:44:24
1 > is anyone using a heart rate monitor watch and downloading/viewing the
2 > data in gentoo? If so, what brand if monitor du you use? I would like
3 > to buy one and would prefer buying from a manufacturer that isn't too
4 > linux-hostile. Here in Sweden the most common brands are Polar and
5 > Suunto, how well do their watches work with gentoo? Do they use highly
6 > obfuscated formats and bizarre nonstandard usb-stuff for downloading
7 > data or i it all fairly straightforward stuff that can be plotted
8 > almost right away in gnuplot, octave or similar software?
9
10 The first choice:
11 http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=34705
12 It seems that Polar spits out just raw sound, and someone did a hack to read it:
13 http://www.ieeta.pt/~tos/software/polar_s410.html
14 There is also:
15 http://daveb.net/s710/
16
17 Otherwise you can build your own linux heart monitor! :
18 http://www.fuzzymonkey.net/software/heartmonitor/
19
20 In general it seems to me Polar it's the most widely supported brand.
21
22 All results courtesy of Google:
23 http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&safe=off&q=heart+rate+monitor++linux&btnG=Cerca&meta=
24