From: Abraham Al-Saleh <alsaleha@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] gstreamer, alsasink, and via82xx
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:22:05
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have a bit of a problem it would seem, but last night I managed to
4 narrow it down to my specific sound card, which uses the snd-via82xx
5 module. basically, when I try to test the alsasink in gstreamer, it
6 tells me that it failed to construct an alsa pipeline, oss, however,
7 works fine. Also, any other alsa applications, such as
8 beep-media-player work. When I put my audigy back in on my desktop and
9 disabled the via sound card, it had no trouble with alsa anymore. Easy
10 enough for my desktop, but my problem is that my laptop has the same
11 sound card, and it won't work either. Does anyone know the cause of
12 this, or perhaps a workaround/fix (other than using oss, that's not an
13 option)
14 --
15 Abe Al-Saleh
16 And then came the Apocolypse. It actually wasn't that
17 bad, everyone got the day off and there were barbeques
18 all around.
21 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list