From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Developer commit timeline updates
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 22:37:29
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 I'd like to just make a short announcement that I've updated
4 the developer commit timeline [1]. Besides the usual periodic update,
5 there are two major changes:
6
7 a. I've added commit counts to the bars (in the popups shown upon
8 hovering the bar),
9
10 b. I've created an additional timeline for determining activity of
11 active Gentoo developers, as a partial replacement for the semi-broken
12 'slacker' script used by Undertakers [2].
15 Quick rehash for those who don't know the pages: those timelines
16 present the commit activity of current and past Gentoo developers based
17 on gentoo.git (with CVS history grafted). The bars represent adjacent
18 periods of activity, and are interrupted when a developer hadn't
19 committed for a period 3 months.
20
21 The timeline for historical devs [1] is ordered by the earliest commit,
22 so should roughly represent the order in which developers joined. Note
23 that in case of developers who used to be proxied maintainers,
24 the earlier p-m commits are also counted if their respective e-mail
25 matches.
26
27 The timeline for active devs [2] is order by the latest commit, so
28 should roughly start with developers who are inactive the longest. It
29 only lists developers who have commit access to gentoo.git.
32 [1]:https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/dev-timeline.html
33 [2]:https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/active-devs.html
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny