From: Amy Liffey <amynka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o, dracwyrm@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer: Jonathan Scruggs (dracwyrm)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 19:07:32
1 Dear everyone,
2
3 It's a pleasure to announce Jonathan Scruggs (dracwyrm) as a Gentoo
4 Developer!
5
6 He has been contributing to Gentoo for a long time through the Proxy
7 maintainers project and fixing various packages.
8
9 Here is how he describes himself:
10
11 I have a Computer Science degree from SIUE and currently work and live
12 in the U.K. I've been using Gentoo Linux since 2001 and it's my main
13 desktop. Though, I do have Windows 10 KVM guest that I use for gaming
14 and another guest for stable Gentoo testing. I continue to study
15 programming languages as a side hobby, because I like to keep up with
16 current technology. Currently I'm taking courses in 3D graphic design
17 and animation for game programming. Ever since I was a little boy, I
18 enjoyed the outdoors, hiking, and camping with Scouts. Today, I continue
19 these activities as an Assistant Scout Leader with the local troop. I've
20 been to Scout camps throughout the world and met many wonderful people
21 that I still keep in touch with. On Sundays, I spend my time playing
22 Table Top RPGs and part of the local club as both a player and Game
23 Master (D&D 5e) -- it's a great way to relieve the stress built up
24 during the week!
27 Please everyone join me in giving him a warm welcome!
28
29 Cheers,
30 Amy Liffey