From: "Justin (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Matthias Maier (tamiko)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:06:03
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 the recruiting season started over again and our newest addition is Matthias
4 Maier (tamiko).
5
6 He has been contributing to science and is maintaining some packages in the tree
7 proxied by our proxy-maintainer team. It is now time for him to take over the
8 responsibility himself.
9
10 Beside the things he already maintains, he will help the science team to look
11 after the numerical package. But feel free to convince him to join your project too.
12
13 Some lines he wrote about himself:
14
15 I'm one of the developers of the deal.II library (http://www.dealii.org).
16 Furthermore I have contributed to a number of open source projects
17 (including Debian and Gentoo) with community support (IRC, Forums), bug
18 reports and code contributions.
19
20 I'm a PHD student in Mathematics working in the field of Numerical
21 Software. In my free time I enjoy playing Go, Soccer and Photography.
22
23 I'm using Gentoo since 2006. After becoming more and more active with
24 contributions to the science overlay and gentoo prefix fixes I think it
25 is finally time to do a step forward and become a Gentoo developer.
28 So please join me in giving him a warm welcome!
29
30 Justin