From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] 17.0 profiles
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 14:40:56
Hi all,

Since gcc-6 stabilization is drawing closer, I'm going to prepare the
remaining 17.0 profiles (right now they only exist for amd64).

Meaning... copy profiles/default/linux/*/13.0 to profiles/default/linux/*/
17.0, and edit it so it inherits 17.0 instead of 13.0.

Plan is to add the new profiles as "exp" to profiles.desc when arches are
cc'ed to the gcc-6 stablereq, and switch them to the same status (exp/dev/
stable) as the corresponding 13.0 profiles when an arch stabilizes gcc-6.

Packages that don't build with >=gcc-6 will be masked in the 17.0 profiles.
<gcc-6 will be masked in the 17.0 profiles.

I'll only take care of the default/linux/* profiles. Everyone else (hardened,
BSD, musl, ...) please feel free to contact me for advice.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas K. Hüttel