From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: dev-java/jruby-1.6
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:36:39
1 # Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> (1 Sep 2014)
2 # Mask jruby 1.6.x for removal in 30 days. This version is still based
3 # on ruby 1.8. Many packages are no longer compatible with its
4 # syntax, and security support for ruby 1.8 has stopped. This
5 # incompatibility now has reached central packages like rubygems so we
6 # have decided to remove jruby 1.6 now. jruby upstream has released
7 # the 1.7.x series some time ago, but unfortunately we only have a
8 # masked version that has too many issues to unmask. Please let us
9 # know if you know java and ruby and want to help out here:
10 #
11 http://moving-innovations.com/blog/2014/04/23/the-precarious-state-of-jruby-in-gentoo
12 =dev-java/jruby-1.6*
13 virtual/ruby-rdoc:2