From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Summer of Code: ideas wanted!
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 05:33:37
1 The Google Summer of Code (GSoC) has been a huge benefit to Gentoo by
2 gaining us tons of new contributors as well as being a significant
3 source of income for the Gentoo Foundation as well as lots of code for
4 Gentoo as a whole.
5
6 Our application is due in a couple of weeks (see FAQ [1]). The most
7 important part of our application is getting lots of good project ideas.
8 I've started a wiki page and put a few ideas on it.
9
10 Please take a look at the ideas list [2], and add one new idea with
11 enough info that someone could decide whether it sounds interesting and
12 get in touch with you to expand it into a full application.
13
14 If you don't have an idea, make it your duty to get one college student
15 you know to apply to Gentoo in GSoC.
16
17 Last year we couldn't even fill all the student slots we had available,
18 in part because we didn't have enough ideas. We need your help! Please
19 submit your idea by next Monday, March 7, so we can refine all the ideas
20 for submission to Google.
23 1. http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs
24 2. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_ideas
27 Thanks,