From: justin <jlec@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Xavier Miller (xaviermiller)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:14:21
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Xavier Miller (XavierMiller) joined our team to help managing the forums.
4
5 He started to use Gentoo back in the glory days in 2004 and started his
6 moderator careers 2-3 years ago. Now he took the last step to become a
7 full global moderator.
10 Here are some lines about himself:
11
12 I am 40 years old, Belgian, married, with one boy (4 years). I work as
13 Software Developer/Architect or Business Intelligence Consultant for
14 18 years.
15
16 I use computers since I am 9, starting with the family's C64, then a
17 286. I discovered UNIX and Linux at University (1992-1996) and I was
18 quite frustrated with that 286 that could not run Linux... I had to
19 wait until 1996 and my first owned computer (a K6 II). I started with
20 SuSE Linux and Red Hat, and needed to compile the kernel in order to
21 have drivers for the sound card and ADSL modem. Then I've built two
22 LFS systems, the first with FVWM95 and the second with GNOME (1 or 2,
23 I don't remember). When I would update them, I was searching for an
24 automatic version of LFS. And I found Gentoo! It was in 2004, as said
25 my forum profile. I did know the first moments of ~AMD64 and the
26 "unstable" meaning of "unstable". Today, ~arch is really stable, thank
27 to you Gentoo Developers!
28
29 I am moderator in the French forum since July 2011, and active as SPAM
30 hunter. Desultory and the forum administrators asked me to join them,
31 and I accepted the challenge!
32
33 I am also musician, my instruments are keyboards: piano, organ (pipe
34 and tonewheels), synthesizers. My favorite styles are: Classical,
35 Jazz, Pop-Rock.
36
37 I am not a great fan of software in that domain, I prefer "hardware",
38 or at least embedded systems with knobs and tangible interfaces that
39 don't sound as "computer".
40 I am tinkering now on a MIDIbox SID system (C64 nostalgy).
43 Please everyone join my in giving him a warm welcome.
44
45 Justin