From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: sys-freebsd/*
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:17:29
# Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> (2019-09-11)
# Gentoo/FreeBSD project is effectively dead.  The core packages are
# outdated and vulnerable.  We do not have a fully working install,
# and I have not been able to find anyone knowing how to create one.
# Leaf packages are failing to build more and more frequently, some
# simply because of our outdated base system.  The profiles were marked
# exp two months ago not to stall other developers, core packages are
# masked for at least two months, and nowadays they have unsatisfied
# dependencies already.
#
# If anyone wishes to take the effort over, please consider it urgent.
# If not, I will slowly start removing remaining parts of FreeBSD
# after this batch, and checking which packages can be salvaged.
#
# Removal in 30 days.  Bug #683284.
sys-freebsd/boot0
sys-freebsd/freebsd-bin