From: justin <jlec@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer: Samuel Damashek (sdamashek)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:42:36
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 please join me in welcoming Samuel Damashek (sdamashek) as the newest
4 member of our dev crew.
7 His joining is on time for the recent discussion around GLSA, as he is
8 interested and already contributed to our security project. So expect
9 more GLSA flow coming in in the future.
10
11 In addition there are many packages in the tree already maintained by
12 him through the proxy-maint[1] project.
13
14 He will be also working in the webapps and python project.
17 This short snipplet is from the interview:
18
19 jlec: Why do you want to become a Gentoo developer?
20 sdamashek: ... I love developing and contributing to projects like this,
21 and want to give back.
22
23 It's a nice stance on voluntary and open projects, isn't it?
26 And now some lines he wrote himself:
27
28 I’m from Seattle, Washington and love robotics. I mentor three VEX
29 robotics teams. I’m currently a student in Fairfax, Virginia. My
30 interests are networking, cybersecurity, and open-source development.
33 So please give him a warm welcome,
34
35 Justin
38 1)