From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] openrc-0.8.1 stable candidate
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:38:50

at long last, we have an openrc stable candidate.

This means we need more testers.

We need some people who are still using baselayout-1 to migrate to
baselayout-2 and openrc to make sure that still is successful. Also, we
need developers to upgrade to openrc-0.8.1 and let us know if there are

Here is my plan, if there are no major issues.

On 5/1, I will commit a news item which I will post later today for
review. It was originally written by fauli, but I have reworded it

Assuming that things go well, I will be pushing for stabilization of
baselayout-2 and openrc on 5/8.

This plan will also be posted on very shortly.

If there are any issues with this, let me know.