From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] RFC: Graveyard project
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:48:52
1 Hi guys and girls,
2
3 We hereby announce the formation of the Graveyard project [1]. It aims
4 to provide users with an overlay for packages removed from portage.
5 Users are expressly invited to partake in this project, to help
6 maintain the graveyard overlay [2]. We will also help organize a
7 central space to host distfiles that are no longer mirrored by Gentoo
8 and have a broken upstream link. We use the #gentoo-dev-help channel
9 on Freenode for coordination, as well as our project space on the wiki
10 [3].
11
12 Please feel free to join us!
13
14 1: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/graveyard/
15 2: https://github.com/gentoo/graveyard
16 3: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Graveyard
17 --
18 Cheers,
19
20 Ben | yngwin
21 Gentoo developer
22 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin