From: Christian Ruppert <idl0r@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Bugzilla maintenance
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 22:01:17
1 Hey,
2
3 I just wanted to let you all know that our Bugzilla (bugs.gentoo.org) will be
4 down for maintenance on Sat. May 25. The maintenance window will begin around
5 04:00 PM UTC until 04:45 PM UTC.
6
7 This maintenance will include an update to Bugzilla 4.4. Here are some release
8 highlights:
9
10 It is now possible to add yourself to the CC list when uploading an attachment
11 and when editing an existing one.
12
13 When reporting a new bug, flags which are not available for the selected
14 component and those which the reporter cannot edit are now hidden instead of
15 being disabled. For existing bugs, unset flags are also hidden by default.
16 Clicking the (set flags) or (more flags) link will make them appear.
17
18 When viewing a bug, the list of duplicated bugs is now listed near the top of
19 the page.
20
21 The See Also field now supports URLs pointing to GitHub by default. If the new
22 MoreBugUrl extension included in this release is enabled, then you can also add
23 URLs pointing to: bugs.php.net, RT, appspot.com (Rietveld), Review Board, and
24 getsatisfaction.com.
25
26 There is a new user preference to not prepend "New:" to the subject of bugmails
27 when reporting a new bug. Some email clients couldn't thread emails correctly
28 due to this.
29
30 There is a new email event to get notifications when the product or component of
31 a bug changes.
32
33 All bugmails now have a X-Bugzilla-Flags email header, listing currently set
34 flags.
35
36 The update should also fix:
37 https://bugs.gentoo.org/335754
38 https://bugs.gentoo.org/366161
39 and
40 https://bugs.gentoo.org/431840
43 When: Sat. May 25
44 Start: 04:00 PM UTC
45 Estimated duration: 45 minutes
46 Affected services: bugs.gentoo.org
47
48 Our Bugzilla will *not* be available during the update. Any other services are
49 not affected.
52 Regards,
53 Christian Ruppert
54 Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure member
55 Fingerprint: EEB1 C341 7C84 B274 6C59 F243 5EAB 0C62 B427 ABC8