From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] svn.overlays migration/downtime
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:13:49
1 Hi Folks,
2
3 At some point over this weekend (we haven't pinned an exact time yet,
4 details to follow), there's going to be a ~5-minute outage of overlays
5 SVN service to move SVN onto the new server.
6
7 Bug reports for items not listed here should go to bugzilla (Product:
8 Infra, Component: Other)
9
10 The SVN side is pretty much worked out.
11 Known issues:
12 - Subersion failed to include a required Content-Length header with the
13 serf library (if you have USE='webdav-serf -webdav-neon').
14 https://bugs.gentoo.org/241234
15 This will break all SVN actions until fixed.
16
17 Source Viewing:
18 - Trac and ViewVC.
19
20 Wiki side:
21 - We were originally going to ditch Trac entirely, but for the moment
22 we're just sticking with it. If we do switch wikis, it will be either
23 dokuwiki or MediaWiki.
24
25 You can play with the new box at by using the new DNS:
26 overlaystest.gentoo.org
27 ALL changes will be wiped when we do the final migration.
28
29 Old box specs:
30 egret - 1.5GHz Sempron 2200+, 512MiB RAM, 80GB IDE.
31
32 New box specs:
33 pelican - 2x 1.8GHz Opteron 1210, 2GiB RAM, 250GB SATA.
36 Robin Hugh Johnson
37 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
38 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
39 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85