From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Release Engineering meeting tomorrow
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:22:44
Apologies for the late notice, but Release Engineering is having a
meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, January 23rd) at 2000 UTC.  The meeting is
being held on IRC at #gentoo-releng on and will be open
to the public, but will be moderated.  A question and answer/open floor
session will follow the meeting.  All users and developers are welcome
and encouraged to attend.

We will be discussing the following items:

- 2008.0 release time line and goals, features
- Automated regular internal release builds
- How to more involve the community in our release process
- How to more involve the developer community in our release process
- What do we want to do with the Gentoo Store
- What financial needs do we have, or where are we hurting for hardware
- What failed with 2007.1 and what can we do to improve

If you have further ideas that you would like to see discussed, please
reply on the gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list.  We will be
posting logs of the meeting on the
project space after the meeting, in case any of you miss it.

Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead
Games Developer