From: Arthur Zamarin <arthurzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] pkgdev new release v0.2.1 with breaking change
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 18:33:43
1 I have just released a new version [0] for pkgdev. Outside of multiple
2 new features meant for easier developer workflows (like prepare to send
3 a last-rite email), there is an important changes in the release which
4 affect current users of pkgdev.
5
6 ** Important Notice **
7
8 pkgdev now doesn't add the signoff by itself, unless configured. You can
9 easily configure it by following the instructions [1], which in short
10 corresponds to adding to `~/.config/pkgdev/pkgdev.conf` the lines:
11
12 [gentoo]
13 push.signoff = true
14
15 In case you forgot to perform this, the usual workflow of working with
16 pkgdev (meaning committing and then pushing) would seem to work, but
17 because of missing Signed-off-by line, the push would fail.
20 I also recommend to read the full configuration docs at [1], as now it
21 is possible to configure the "new default" args for pkgdev.
22
23 Finally I want to call for features requests for the pkgcheck and
24 pkgdev. Myself and other developers are trying to actively maintain the
25 stack, and add new features, QA checks, etc. I want to make those tools
26 nice for Gentoo developers, so I need your requests to improve it.
27
28 [0] https://github.com/pkgcore/pkgdev/releases/tag/v0.2.1
29 [1] https://pkgcore.github.io/pkgdev/man/pkgdev.html#config-file-support
32 Arthur Zamarin
33 arthurzam@g.o
34 Gentoo Linux developer (Python, Arch Teams, pkgcore stack, GURU)

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature