From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] New staff member: José María Alonso (nimiux)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 15:36:04
1 Joining us to replace yoswink as a Spanish translator we have José María
2 "nimiux" Alonso from San Sebastián de los Reyes, a small city near
3 Madrid, Spain. I know little about the state of our Spanish translations
4 but either they are in a bad shape and you get to beat him up to do a
5 lot of good work or then you can use this opportunity to congratulate
6 the team for a job well done. Nimiux falls outside the more common age
7 groups by having graduated a long time ago. Here's what he tells about
8 himself:
9
10 I teach computing in a public school in the town I live in. I belong to
11 a workgroup which aim to spread the freedom of software and knowledge.
12 We host a FLOSS event once a year in different schools of our region. We
13 also publish a magazine with educational and free software related
14 articles (more at http://nibbler.es/). I've been using Gentoo for five
15 years, and would like to help more, since I used it for my desktop and
16 servers. Whenever I can, I try to learn more on ebuilds and Gentoo
17 development. In my spare time, appart of supporting Gentoo, I enjoy
18 activities like mountaineering, skiing and diving. Skydiving is in my
19 TODO list :-)
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri