From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] s390 has been dropped to ~s390 (testing/unstable) (resent)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 21:57:43
1 Hi,
2
3 Given I received no comments on the mailing list [0] post from 16th Feb and affirmative comments via IRC, I’ve
4 dropped all s390 keywords to ~s390 (testing/unstable). We’ll keep the s390 arch in addition to s390x as a subprofile
5 for now as this reduces the hassle of maintaining s390.
6
7 This is actually a net improvement to any users of s390 if they’re out there, as stable s390 was completely unusable
8 in terms of consistency given it was marked ‘exp'.
9
10 The aim is to restore s390 and s390x to being a ‘dev’ profile rather than ‘exp’ when possible, i.e. consistency
11 within ~s390 keywords - which does not yet exist.
12
13 I’ve started looking at what work would be needed here: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/20270. I intend
14 to work on it every so often rather than it being a priority. Help welcome to file keywording bugs as indicated
15 by CI results in that PR!
16
17 I’ve updated all stabilisation bugs with s390@ CCed. I (ab)used NATTkA to do this so that the nuance of arch bugs
18 was respected (e.g. not closing bugs when s390@ wasn’t the last arch), hence the ’s390 done’ comments, which may
19 be slightly misleading.
20
21 TL;DR: s390 is now pure ~arch but this should be an improvement as we aim for consistency in the keywords in future. Help is
22 welcome. All existing stable bugs for s390 should have been updated - let me know if you find one which hasn’t been.
23
24 [0] https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/69834962ec55a31908544793eb2dea05
25
26 [Originally forgot reply-to].